What type of speaker shold I use for my rear Center??

gedwyn@mpinet.net

I have been around and around on this one for a while but I think I am closer. I have the following:

Yamaha RXV3000

Front: RF-7

Center: RC-7

Front effects: RS-3

Rear: RS-7

Rear Center: ??

Sub: AR300

Now what should I get for my rear Center? I thought about doing in-walls or in-ceiling because

several people have told me to use direct radiating

for this but I do not feel like cutting a hole in my wall or ceiling for one speaker. Thought about

the RC-3 too. But it is just to damn big to hang on my wall or ceiling. My wife would kill me. So this

brings me back to my original idea of using a RS-3

and selling the other one.

Would an RS-3 in between two RS-7's be that bad sounding? Opinions please....

Thanks in advance!

Paul

------------------

Paul Graber

gedwyn@mpinet.net

Paul:

The purpose of the rear center is to localize sounds in the rear and to create a "seam" at the ambient points of the surrounds. An RS-3 will not serve that purpose, you need a conventional monopole speaker for rear center. If the RC-3 and RC-7 (ideal one for you) are too big, I would recommend our in-wall RCW-5. It will work much better than an in-ceiling in your case because it will keep the rear center closer to the same horizontal line that your RS-7's are on. Plus, that model is timbre matched, since it is also a "Reference" product, what we call a "parallel product".

PhilH