RSW-12 vs. Outlaw LFM-1

radchad3

Hi everyone, first post!! Anyways, wanted to get an opinion on subs. I have a 12X16 foot room, 9 foot ceilings, listen to 80/20 HT vs music. I really want a sub that I can FEEL!! Anyways, I have heard VERY good things about the LFM-1 and I can get one for 525 shipped. Now, I can also get the RSW-12 for about 850 total. Is the RSW THAT much better. Several people I have talked to have said that the LFM-1 would hang with or beat the RSW in a head to head cometition. I was hoping someone would be able to shed some light on these two subs!! Thanks all for your time!! Chad

OOOOPS sorry, this goes in the subwoofers section.....sorry about that!!!

It appears that the Outlaw lfm-1 is a down firing sub that uses a 325 watt Bash amp with 1300 watt peaks. The RS12 uses a 625 watt Bash amp with 2400 watts of dynamic power. {edit: The RSW is rear Firing}Both have variable crossovers from 40 to 120.

The stated bandwidth of the Klipsch Rsw-12 is 22 Hz-120 Hz. I couldn't find those numbers for the Outlaw. From Personal experience the RSW-12 sounds excellent for music and movies. Not only does it thump for movies--It is also tight for music.

I have the LFM-1 and I like it a lot. I never had the RSW-12. I only heard it in the store. I think they are both comparable. In response to the other guys post, Frequency Response of the LFM-1: 25Hz. - 180Hz. +/- 2 dB.

You can always order the LFM-1 and try it out