Anyone in Portland, OR. Area Who Will Install RCA Jacks? Please!

126mhz

Hello all;

I have an old amplifier, (no matter the make) and it has all screws for the same small spades that La Scalas use, not only for the speaker connections but also the connection to a preamp.

All my home built speaker cables are constructed for small spades but I can't live with the spade connections to a preamp.

I've checked with a couple of shops in the area and the cost is more than I can justify given what I have in the amplifier!

Is there anyone in the Pacific Northwest, (Portland, Oregon area would be nice) who would convert two of the screw/spade connectors on the ba ck of this amp. to a couple of RCA jacks. Of course I'll pay and even throw in something that might make it worth someone's time.

Thought I'd check here before I gave up.

Thanks all,

Bill Woodward

wjwoodie@aol.com

Bill,

Be brave, son. That a do-it-yourself-er. Go down to radiostore and pick up a couple of rca's and a soldering iron and a hank of solder. You may have to drill a hole. This is just the sort of project that will start you on a world of adventure. The next thing you know, you will be rebuilding a MARK III! Trust me. You can do it. Once, I had to walk out into traffic to get across a street in Naples, Italy! That changed my life.

DR BILL3.gif

Bill, I'll do it for you, but I'm in Phx, not Portland. You'd have to ship it.

What amp is it?

is it some kind of expensive collectible or family heirloom?

Put spades on the end of an RCA cable? too crude for you?

can you post or email a pic of the innards near the area of interest?

Is it a stereo amp? I haven't yet seen a stereo amp with terminal strips for the pre-amp connection.

you have PM and email.