Members Weekly Music Recommendations-April 11

thebes

----------------

On 4/16/2005 12:17:23 PM wheelman wrote:

----------------

On 4/13/2005 11:55:24 PM ben. wrote:

Has anyone heard the new
Government Mule
release? My drummer introduced me to them, and I really dig a lot of what they do. We haven't heard the latest.

The live thing in NOLA is incredible. I think it's called
The Deep End.
It's a concert DVD/CD where they have numerous guest bass players in concert. Their bass player died, and they did an album after that with guest bassists, then did the live thing. Warren Haynes (plays in
The Allman Brothers Band
-you might have heard him there) leads the band.

Guests on the live deal include George Porter, Jr., Anthony Jackson, Bernie Worrell, Bela Fleck, some scrawny white dude that plays really sick slide (no, not Dereck Trucks-scrawnier than that), Jason Newsted, Ian Glover, a couple guys from
Los Lobos
, Les Claypool,
The Dirty Dozen Brass Band
(nice tuba solo on
Chameleon
with Anthony Jackson) and just too many others...

----------------

Yes the mule is phenominal as ever! ( De Ja Voodoo) Just as addictive. I can't ever get enough. I put it away for awhile come back to it, and realize how'd that happen. Check out Warren Hayne's solo live album Live at Bonnaroo (acoustic) also. He's gettin good on the acoustic as well. He's says he's not that good, but sure sounds it. One of my favorite song writers also. Intelligent, down to earth no nonsense. Well now for some good heavy rock/punk stuff. Warrior soul anything you can get your hands on. I will recomend the cd "Salutations from the Getto Nation".

----------------

If you like Gov't Mule, Derek Trucks "Live at Georgia Theatre" will blow you away. Better guitar, better vocals, and better songs than Mule can muster-- Spectacular CD of blues, soul, jazz, and every song doesn't sound the same like Mule--

----------------

On 4/16/2005 4:33:49 PM skonopa wrote:

Yeah, tell me about it! Are you, by chance, coming out to Indy in June? Love to get the chance to meet you in person!

----------------

Ditto. Not sure yet...schedule still up in the air...

Glad you enjoyed the Hammerfall album!