Test (img)

AUTiger

I live outside of San Diego, California. I went to college at Auburn University, thus "AUTiger". I grew up in Montgomery, Alabama.

I have a nice little collection of southwest art - kachinas, pottery, bronzes, paintings, etc. One purpose for the entertainment centers was to have a place to display some of my art.

David

I had it built. The ceiling is 8ft, so the tallest center portion is about 7.5 ft. Its 19ft wide. Each section steps out about 3 inches more than the next, allowing me to fit the whole RPTV inside. I had a cabinet maker build it for me. Its all solid wood with no MDF. I had the same cabinet maker build the dry bar and mantle shown in the pictures that I posted on page 22 of the "Show us your theater" mega-thread. It was mostly built off-site and then assembled and stained in place. An interior decorator and I worked together to make the design and the cabinet guy had decent experience with electronics. There are a couple of features that are cool. One, the trim around the TV fits so flush that you would think it was a plasma screen. All the electronics are on the left while all the lower cabinets/draws on the right are extra storage space. The far right hand section has six small draws, but the most left had section is designed so that the two doors externally match the draws.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dry bar:

Dry bar inside:

David

Its not a dumb question. I recently learned how to do this from a coworker.

I host/upload my pictures to Photobucket.com, where I have established a free account. On my Photobucket page, each photo has URL, Tag, and IMG link that I can cut and past into discussion forum messages. I take the Tag and just paste it into my message. The tag looks like

< img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/WetTiger/EntertainmentCenter1-small.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">

except that there is no blank space between the first "<" and the "img".

I think that you can also create you own link by replacing the www address with the complete address of a photo that is hosted somewhere on the internet. You could probably use the Img tag to reference ANY photo or image that is on the internet and you have an address for.

For multiple images, just insert multiple tags, separated by a return.

David