Receiver - HK or Denon?

black325xi

Putting together my first HT system and need some input on a receiver. Speakers are RF-15, RC-25, RS-25, and RW-12. System use will be 75% HT 25% Music.

Have narrowed down receiver to HK AVR-435 or Denon 2805.

Question 1: Which would you buy and why?

Question 2: I can buy a reconditioned HK AVR-430 from HK for approx $250 less than the HK AVR-435. Am I giving anything up buying the 430 besides the ezset/eq?

Thanks

Dan

I own neither but I've read a gazillion posts reviewing both. Seems folks like both, some are in the Denon camp, others the HK. If I were you, I'd buy the cheapest one. I'm sure they'd both do an admirable job as an entry level HT receiver. I've also heard the refurbished HK models are a good deal.

I like bass management in h/k receivers. This is very important for HT. With h/k, you can select different low frequency cut-offs for each pair of speakers. I'm not sure Denon does this... It might force the same frequency for all speakers.

I second psg's comment. I love the bass management with my refurbished hk avr 430. It also sounds wonderful with my rf-35 setup. Those reconditioned models on ebay are such a great deal it's hard to pass them up if your budget is in the $500 range.