Heresy II woofer

OonaLyn

Hello,

I just purchased a pair of Heresy II speakers at a garage sale. After hooking them up, one of the woofers doesn't work. The cone appears to be torn away from the magnet. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement woofer? Or is repair possible? Also, can anyone tell me what Type HBR means? Serial numbers are 8776753 and 8776769.

Thanks.

You can get a replacement woofer by calling 1-800-klipsch and speaking to the parts department. The type HBR means H=Heresy, B= birch plywood construction, R= raw, no finish applied to the plywood. These were a little cheaper version, that the customer can finish to their liking, either a stain, paint or a clear varnish / polyurethane finish.

The repair/replacement price shouldn't be too bad. Especially if you got them at a garage sale.

I can't match those serial numbers with what I have from Klipsch. Is the number on a paper label and stamped into the top back edge of the cabinet?

Does it have the speaker terminals on a mounting cup that says Heresy II, square mounting cup or round?

It is my curiosity. The labels were gone on mine, and the numer was not stamped into the edge. I looked inside to find a dated inspection sticker.

Marvel

What's wrong with the woofer? I don't see anything in the pics. The cone doesn't ever connect to the magnet so that part is confusing.

If the voicecoil is still good, you can try to glue the cone backtogether. Elmer's glue should work just fine. But if the VC is shot, then it's easier to just replace the whole thing.