RE: My Infocus 4805

SCOOTERDOG

I had a problem with my 4805 and Infocus was good enough to exchange it for me. Considering it was 6 months old and it took several phone calls and emails, regardless they did replace it. The new one was shipped today with an additional item that I have no clue what it is. They call it the Tsunami Plus.

2 questions:

1. Do you think I will get a refurbished unit or a new one back from them?

I would think they would tell me if it was a refurb or not.

2. Does anyone know what the heck the Tsunami Plus is?

This is the extra item they are sending in a seperate shipment.

Thanks

Scooterdog

I would find it hard to believe they are giving you one (Tsunami Plus) for free. and as far as the exchange for the 4805, what they legally have to do is give you a working one, new or used, but I think they are supposed to inform you if its used. NOw Customer service wise, I would think it should be new , and probably thats what will happen. Oh, and hears a link from their website on the Tsunami Plus.

http://www.digitalhome.com.au/HomeEntertainment/Projectors/Infocus/X2_Tsunami_Plus_Projector/149

ok thanks!

But why would they give me an X2? This is not a dedicated HT projector and its not native 16:9. Yes it runs both 4:3 and 16:9 but I think is a native 4:3. and it does not have the Faroudja DCD proccessing. Plus the 4805 uses a native 16:9 Texas Instrument DLP Dark Chip II, am I getting screwed here? In the email it says it is a ScreenPlay 4805 Tsunami Plus. There are many differences between the X2 and the 4805. And the X2 is several hundred dollars less. I have searched all over for the SP4805 Tsunami Plus but with no results, perhaps its new.

scooter

Several years ago I looked into the NEC LT150 referbs, the positive side with the NEC units...they checked them very close and fitted new bulbs in them.Not that they were not inspected closely when shipped out new, but they would go throught them with a fine tooth comb, before resaling.

I would not suspect a company like Infocus, or any others for that matter, would relace something with anything less than what you have.

It's not worth risking a reputation over sending you are referb, I would expect it would be a new one.

My thoughts anyway.

Mine is doing fine so far, let me know what happens with this.