Got some (fizzy) pictures of my rig up

Randy Bey

Randy, Could you elaborate a litle more on your bass-traps? Did you build them? Why did you decide you needed them? How many are you using in your room? I have been thinking bass-traps for sometime now. I would think this would make a great post for a new topic.

George

This message has been edited by GW on 09-07-2001 at 06:42 PM

I got everything I needed to know about bass traps from the following source:

http://members.nbci.com/Jon_Risch/index.htm

Follow the links (everywhere) but particularly to Acoustic Treatments.

Q-man, no corners is not necessarily a problem. Putting the bass traps at the 1/4, 1/3, etc (of the wall length) points along the walls produces a similar effect. Maybe having the speakers in the corners reduces the need for corner traps. Do you include the ceiling corners when you say "no corners"?

The bass traps are best made about 16" in diameter, and about 4' high, so stack them floor to ceiling to get the best effect.

Randy, Thanks.

I think I'll try a couple & see if I hear any type of improvement or not. Right now I think everything sounds find, but you never know what you have been missing untill you hear it. Kind of like when I first added a sub.

Yes , no ceiling corners eather. LaScalas sit on top of the K-horns.

Thanks again,Q.

------------------

Q-Man

Very nice setup Randy,and from what I see your system is well balanced.Tube amps,very nice,the Horns must sound very natural.And the few quality watts you get a huge sound,huge and detailed.

Great system,this is the right way to drive large horn loaded speakers,with tubes.

If only I had the room to fit these.

TheEAR(s) Now theears