need help, which is better vpi, or michell turntable

im looking at 2 tables to upgrade from my presentr table, i currently have a dual cs 5000, a project rma 4, and a thorens 160,

i am now watching a vpi 19 MKIII, with a E.T.2 tone arm (looks alot like a linear tracking deal)the table has a benz glider L2 cart with about 700 hours on it, table is in great shape and has the alu. spike feet for isolation cost is 1300.00

the other table is JA Michell techno deck, with the rega 250 arm, no info on the cartridge yet, table is also in excellent shape asking 900.00

i want to get a table that i will more or less be able to use the rest of my life and not worry about upgradeing again thanks is advance for all the help 10.gif Joe

I'd be surprised if anyone here has heard both examples. Both are well regarded, and really in the same general ballpark with regard to overall quality, at least from what I have osmoted over the years reading. Prices both seem fair, I guess, though I'm not up on the current market. The Mk III is getting within a few Franklins of a Scout, and keep in mind it has a LOMC, so be sure you are set up for that. The RB 250/Tecnodec should have plenty of info available if you search the Vinyl Asylum. I'm pretty sure a member here has one, but haven't seen it mentioned lately.