SLX at Best Buy price error?

vanderrg

I've been watching to see when these became available at Best Buy for about a month...originally I was seriously considering them for my upcoming bonus room but decided to go bananas and get reference stuff instead. Anyway I still was keeping my eye on them since they look really cool (cooler than the RVX's in my opinion) and have better specs than the RVX's while costing less.

MSRP had been reported to be $350 each...but I see on the BB web site they are clearly advertised at $350 for a pair...now that is a ridiculously fantastic deal if they are really selling them for that...

Does anyone have any concrete info on this...anyone listened to them at a local Best Buy yet? If so what were they selling them for?

Thanks!

BV

• Moderators

They are $350 each. The error is being corrected.

These speakers are in no way comparable to the Reference bookshelf line.

If you feel you HAVE to choose a Reference counter part, the RVX-42 would be a more realistic comparison.

My local BB has them for $350 each...I just went there over lunch to check things out. Unfortunately they haven't had time to set them up for listening yet so I didn't get to hear them.

They did have a setup using F-2's that included the new Sub-12 and that sub sounded pretty darn good...especially considering the setup was out in the middle of the store floor far away from any walls, and not in one of the smaller speaker-listening rooms...I talked a guy into buying the sub while I was there...he was waffling between it and a JBL sub. He was wary because he wasn't familiar with Klipsch as a speaker company! After he listened to the Sub-12 he was convinced.

By the way the F-2's didn't sound bad at all either. The setup they had sounded better than anything I have ever heard in a Best Buy before, and the guy had it turned up pretty loud.

I certainly don't regret my decision to go with RF-7's, but at 1/3 the price I would recommend those F-2's to anyone looking in that price range.

BV