EV T350's in my '62 Cornwalls? Doable?

Frzninvt

If I could shoehorn them into the cabinet by slightly modifying the motorboard would any crossover changes need to be made. I don't know if I have the clearance though the K-600 and T-35 are in close proximity in the vertical Cornwall. I think they would sound alot better from what I have read. Thoughts?

I think I am going to pull the K-77's out of my '77 Khorns and put them in place of the T350's in the Speakerlab cabinets then. I can always have a woodworker build me a new motorboard and I can mount them in the same configuration as the speakerlab K's with the tweeter mounted vertically to the one side of the midrange horn. I see these tweeters sell for $300 a pair easily. I just need to get some 100W L-Pads from Parts Express.

----------------

On 4/29/2005 7:02:09 AM Frzninvt wrote:

I think I am going to pull the K-77's out of my '77 Khorns and put them in place of the T350's in the Speakerlab cabinets then. I can always have a woodworker build me a new motorboard and I can mount them in the same configuration as the speakerlab K's with the tweeter mounted vertically to the one side of the midrange horn. I see these tweeters sell for $300 a pair easily. I just need to get some 100W L-Pads from Parts Express.

----------------

Do yourself a favor and build the l-pad out of resistors. I have a pair of the parts express l-pads that I'm ready to throw out. They have sounded terrible on everything I've tried them on. I haven't opened them up, but I have to assume that they are wire-wound, because they have inductance as well as resistance! When I tried them with my tweeters, they severely rolled off the top end.

Mark