Pw-2200

gamer

Yeah, gamer, it's got game... but I have yet to see anything beat SVS in price/performance at any level. They are a small company that gets the most output by using custom "Sonotube" construction and custom woofers. They have more bang and more musicality than any I have ever tested at twice there price point.

Be happy! You did pick one of the very best also-rans I have ever tested... and there are a whole lot of knowledgeable folks on this board that enjoy the 2200 every day.

Dolby Digital reference level bass isn't for everyone... and there is a whole lot of "thumpin' joy" to be had when you have Klipsch covering the rest. Yeah, don't worry, be happy!cwm35.gif HornEd

------------------

"Where Legends Live! Klipsch Powered HT"

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30 Center, KLF 30 Mains, KLF 10 Front Effects

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30 L&R Side/Surrounds, KLF 30 Rear Effects

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra sub with Samson Megawatt Amp

SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

and such... Tweakin' On!

Music Respite Room: Cornwalls & SVS 16-46/Ultra

Klipsched Motor Home SB2's, KLF C-7, ???, Yamaha 5-disc DVD/CD 996,

Under Construction

I noticed that the PW-2200 is the only Paradigm sub that people talk about around here. How do any of the other Paradigm subs perform? I recently took interest in the PS-1000 and I want to know if it's performance is anything similar to the PW-2200. I know it doesn't go as low, but does it have the same punchyness?

------------------

-Paul

AMD T-Bird 900

Asus A7V

Micron 256 MB PC-133

IBM 30 GB 7200 rpm ATA 100

Pioneer DVD-105 Slot-Load (16X/40X)

3Dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 (soon to be Hercules Fortissimo II)

NEC MultiSync M700 17" (soon to be Sony CPDG420S 19")

Razor Boomslang 2000 w/Everglide Giganta

These speakers are for my computer, not a HT

Receiver: Kenwood VR-409 (soon to be Denon AVR-2802)

Speakers: Klipsch Quintets (5 sats. soon adding Klipsch KSC-C1)

Sub: Sony SA-W305 mini-sub (soon to be HSU Research VTF-2)

This message has been edited by oogins on 09-02-2001 at 10:55 AM

it ain't the same.

i auditioned it, it's not a bad sub by any means, but it's not comparable tio the PW-2200. it's loud, but it's quite boomy too. works well on rap and dance music, but I'll take my PW-2200's deep rumble over that any time thank you.

definitely look into SVsubwoofers' offerings.

Seb, I see you live in Canada. And, if I'm not mistaken, you work in an audio store as well. So please tell me, how much does the PW-2200 usually sell for?

------------------

-Paul

AMD T-Bird 900

Asus A7V

Micron 256 MB PC-133

IBM 30 GB 7200 rpm ATA 100

Pioneer DVD-105 Slot-Load (16X/40X)

3Dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 (soon to be Hercules Fortissimo II)

NEC MultiSync M700 17" (soon to be Sony CPDG420S 19")

Razor Boomslang 2000 w/Everglide Giganta

These speakers are for my computer, not a HT

Receiver: Kenwood VR-409 (soon to be Denon AVR-2802)

Speakers: Klipsch Quintets (5 sats. soon adding Klipsch KSC-C1)

Sub: Sony SA-W305 mini-sub (soon to be HSU Research VTF-2)

Gamer,

The PW-2200's a *great* subwoofer, especially for the money. Not just a good value-priced sub, but a *great value*. For the money, it's very hard to beat in the commercial market and you've made a great choice.

The PW-2200's only "failing" is that its ported design means it's not as punchy (percussive, sharp, quick... choose your own "fast" adjective here) as a sealed design. For most any speakers, the 2200's incredible. But, for the Heritage horn-loaded-bass-driver series of speakers, the 2200 might not mate as well as you'd like. I was quite impressed with my 2200's ability to work well with my LaScalas, but I ended up switching to the Servo-15 just for the quickness. There's not really any more bass output than the 2200, it seems, but it seems to keep up with the LaScalas better. I have no doubt, based on my audition of the RSW-15 on our Hope trip last February, that the new RSW subs will also have the speed to mate with the Heritage speaks.

Anyway, back to the 2200... the 2200's the best I've heard for under a grand. Granted, I've not heard the SVS subs (TV and the SVS name have a great reputation for quality and performance). And, now that my local Klipsch dealer's advertising the RSW-10 (for $999) I'll have to go give it a comparative listen...

Happy bass!

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."

Paradigm makes good budget speakers and two great subs,the PW2200 and Servo-15.

I still have my first set of real Hi-Fi speakers,the Atom!This little speaker introduced me to the wonderful world of quality audio,since then I upgraded ever since.

The PW2200 has plenty of power for most users,goes down low and maintains the output even around 20Hz!

The built quality is good and the amp has plenty of power to drive the 12 incher.The driver itself is of very good quality,almost undestructible.

I had the PW2200 for two weeks and finally decided I needed even more output!So I got the Sunfire Signature,this 13 inch cube has so much ower its scary.

Congrats on your purchase of the PW2200 at the asking price its one of the best deals in subs today.

TheEAR(s) Now theears