Play vinyl with lasers?

pauln

They say on the site's FAQ:

Q: I remember hearing that the sound reproduction of the older laser turntables was not good. Has that changed?

A: The sound has been totally reworked. It now meets the highest standards of recorded music.

---------

This is definitly some that needs to be heard before buying! What if now they got this right? Would you consider it or it's time just not right?

For sure, it would be vital to hear the player before. I heard the idea touted before CDs were ever even made!

Anyway, I wouldn't expect their own site to say:

Q: I remember hearing that the sound reproduction of the older laser turntables was not good. Has that changed?

A: No, the sound is still mediocre at best, unlistenable at worst.

You have to expect them to like their own product.

I heard a demo of the laser player in NYC 18-24 months ago. it sounded great. the tradicional reference table was a spotheim la luce turntable. what I remember was that the laser player seemed to reveal more surface noise than the traiditonal turntable, they said you have to clean the crap out of the records to get the best from the laser player. also they mentioned it only works with black vinyl records, none of the tinted vinyls. this is a great idea that perhaps needs a few tweaks until it comes into its own. but the idea of playing your albums without the wear and tear and risk of scratching down the grooves has GOT to be exciting for most LP listeners. Tony