My Old System

shane_0_mac

Hi Guys, I am going to list my old system on e-bay. It was Sony 5.1 receiver, 4 Klipsch KSB1.1 (Front and Surrounds) KSC-C1 Center, Acoustic Research 8 inch 100 watt Sub. I am also throwing in the 4 speaker stands I used some A/V cables and about 50 feet of acoutic research 16 gauge speaker cable.

do you think I should sell stuff individually, or sell it as a system. I know none of us here would not want this, but for someone not wanting to spend a mint with decent sound and small room it would be ok. If I sell it as a system what do you think I can get ballpark? I will probably put a buy it now up with it so I wanted to get an idea where to put that at?

Thanks as always.

you are probably correct, but it would be a lot easier to sell as one and be done at once with it. I could use the sony for a boat anchor lol.

I may list it as one unit with a buy it now and then if I do not get what I want i could always go the individual route then.

Still wondering what the set might bring though?

Price wise, if all is in very good shape, I think I paid $115 per pair for 1.1's on close-out and around $150 for a ksc-c1, the matching center. Figure maybe half-price for used and I get about $250 for the Klipsch set, another $125 for the sub and perhaps $100 for receiver (how good is this model?), so perhaps $425-$500 for the entire setup?

The Sony is about 2 years old. I am at work and do remember the exact model (it was $350.00 at CC) It's decent for a sony, you know the 5 x 100 watts when it is actually 5 X 33 watts lol.

I was thinking buy it now for $400.00, everything is in good shape, and with the 4 speaker stands and speaker cable thats not a bad deal for someone who does not like "pure" sound" :D

With my experience on ebay, you almost always get more by parting out the system. Its a little bit of a pain to ship stuff individually, but usually worth it.

I scour estate sales and garage sales all summer looking for stuff to sell on ebay. I just netted almost 200 dollars by parting out a technics 2 channel system that I purchased for 30 bucks.

Good luck with selling the stuff.

Dan

You have no idea Sarge, I just bought two more LS from Ft. Wayne IN, and IndyKlipschFan and I are going to FL to pick up 6 LS bottoms and 4 Mid/high cabinets, all INdustrial, from a church. That'll be a van load!

The madness has taken hold....

actually this little system is for a friend of mine looking for a rig for his studio/gallery. He already has the Canon projector and 6' screen for viewing photos, now he'll be able to escape from the wife and watch movies at work!

Michael

----------------

On 5/2/2005 2:14:30 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

gotta be pretty late (or early) in Korea. whatcha doin up Sarge?

Korean girls say 'sarge-san, you hands so naughty!' LOL

Michael

----------------

It's 0424 here and I'm working. My job is performed at night.

The forum keeps me awake because no matter how long you do it, the old body just never gets used to night work....

Also watching "Full Metal Jacket" on the shop TV to help keep me awake.

How you know what korean girl say, you follow me into bar!?!?

9.gif

I couldn't get on to reply to your emails. Are you sure the speakers say KB1.1, I checked mine and it's definitely KSB1.1, small horns, plastic enclosures with metal grilles, right?

Can't find that Sony receiver on their website, can you photo to me?

Thanks,

Michael

----------------

On 5/2/2005 2:09:06 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

You have no idea Sarge, I just bought two more LS from Ft. Wayne IN, and IndyKlipschFan and I are going to FL to pick up 6 LS bottoms and 4 Mid/high cabinets, all INdustrial, from a church. That'll be a van load!

The madness has taken hold....

actually this little system is for a friend of mine looking for a rig for his studio/gallery. He already has the Canon projector and 6' screen for viewing photos, now he'll be able to escape from the wife and watch movies at work!

----------------

lol, you guys are insane. Once you finish your treasure hunt, you need to stack all your speakers outside and take some pics...perhaps even plug it all in and blast away 2.gif

Hi Michael,

Yes they do say Kb1.1 on the box and the back of them. The dimensions are the same are the same as KSB1.1 and they are the metal grill and plastic enclosures. I still have the original boxes and the boxes say KB also. I do not know if there is any difference or not?

I will send a pic of the receiver tonight.

Just wanted to bring this thread back up and say THANKS to Shane for posting the sale of his older system here. I purchased it from him for a friend of mine with limited funds. This guy will be getting a full surround system with matching speaker system by Klipsch for a great price. He'll be very happy with it, Shane got the oldies out of the house quickly and easily, and I get to be the good guy facilitating the transaction (buddy's wife knows nothing of this, so I'm selling it to him piecemeal).

Moral of story: never think your gear is too old or cheap to sell here on the FOrum.

Thanks for posting Shane, you're a good Forum brother!

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

I GOT RIPPED OFF- purchased this system, sent PayPal- got NOTHING. Promises promises promises to ship it out but still I've received nothing. Saw this guys post, helped him with pricing, looked up his post record here on Forum, he looked like a good member with quite a few posts. It's been nearly a month since we clinched the deal and he's not shipped a thing. BEWARE FORUM MEMBERS.

Michael

okay, in all fairness, I did have Shanes phone number and he promised that they have been shipped. I asked him to track them and get back to me. In 24 hours I'm calling paypal and my credit card company. Missouri to Indy should not be 5 day shipping time.

Michael

Ouch Michael.

I told you I have been out of town and was very sorry for the screw up. As you could tell I was not around as I am a forum junkie but have been on the road. If I had not have already shipped I would have sent your money back no problem. Plus you could have called me anytime and asked me to send your money back I could do that from the road, if I was trying to hose you I would not have given you my phone numbers. I did not see this though as I have been gone. If you do not want the stuff ship it back to me and I will gladly send your money back. And its not like I took you to the cleaners anyway, I gave you a good deal as you know.