Legend of Drunken Master

theryugobuddy

This is one of Jackie Chan's earlier movies and the best that I've seen. The action and martial arts choreography is riveting and amazing. I love watching the guy climbing walls and using household items as weapons.

The newer, English spoken movies of his I have not enjoyed as much as this--"Drunken Master" looks dubbed but seemless, and its set in China. The acting is much better and the comedy is not so forced. The mother is a riot. The "drunken boxing" displays are both funny and action packed. And the camera work to get all those punches, kicks, and smashes is in your face.

Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, or Snake in the Eagle's Claw, or whatever it was called, was the first installment of Drunken Fist. The Legend of Drunken Master I think, is the sequel. And it has one of the most spectacular, edge-of-your-seat fight sequences at the very end. Truly amazing.

Be careful...Jackie Chan has two 'Drunken' movies out.

What is called 'Legend of Drunken Master' here is actually Jui Kuen II. (1994) This is actually a 'sequel' to the other movie, Jui Kuen. (1978) I have seen both movies called 'Legend of Drunken Master' here in the states, so be aware that there are two movies. Both are very good though.

Jui Kuen

Jui Kuen II