K-48 Woofer in Khorn with AK-3 Crossover Questions

triode

I am going to replace my AK-3 Crossover with a type "A". I opened up the Bass Bin of the Khorn and found a very large K-48 woofer (All stock) and a large inductor and a very Large Capacitor.

I was guessing that the inductor and Cap are part of the AK-3 Crossover, but when I saw that the Woofer was a K-48 instead of a K-33 now I am not so sure. My original plan was just to run the woofer wires to the Type "A" crossover and take out the inductor, Capacitor (which are also hooked to some fuses on the outside panel of the Khorn Door).

Has anyone here done this? Am I on the right track?

There is supposed to be a 100uf or two 50uf caps and a coil in the woofer bin. It should have been a K-33, but like Michael suggested it could be a K-43 but if the stamp on the woofer is clearly a K-48 then someone was trying a Chorus woofer in the Klipschorn bin. Hmmm, curious as to how it would respond in there! The K-48 is a massive woofer!

It is a K-48. I called Kipsch Tech Support and they told me that it would give poorer Bass Response, But Handle more power. Klipsch never put the K-48 in Khorns. I'm going to replace them with K-33 Woofers.

Yes, I confirmed that the Cap and the inductor is part of the AK-3 Crossover.

Thanks!