klipsch inwall

mike Belgium

So your box is same depth as concrete wall and plaster will coat over back side and front side once assembled in wall? That will be very solid. Looks good, use plenty of caulk or adhesive between box and concrete so nothing vibrates.

Do you mind me asking, how big are houses in general and how expensive in Europe, just to compare for fun.

I bought house 3000 ft2 on 2 acres of land (80,000 ft2) on a medium good side of city for $250,000 US. House is standard wood construction, but has 4" limestone on all outside surfaces. Hot water heating (probably like Europe) and 1/3 is over basement area.

Michael- your new US penpal! Your English is pretty good.

I bought piece of land 5400 foot2 100000euro is about 100000 dollar. So the land is much expensive here because there is not as much land as in america. My house completely finished 3330 foot2 will cost about 180000 dollar 2 it has a mainfloor, 2de floor,3de floor.

So i think here in europe houses but especialy ground are expensier.

You probably laugh with the small piece of land i own here but for the most people in Belgium it would be a dream to own such a piece of ground.The size of land you have is even for the wealtiest people here to costly.

It is nice having a penfriend on the other side if the world!

Mike

I bought piece of land 5400 foot2 100000euro is about 100000 dollar. So the land is much expensive here because there is not as much land as in america. My house completely finished 3330 foot2 will cost about 180000 dollar 2 it has a mainfloor, 2de floor,3de floor.

So i think here in europe houses but especialy ground are expensier.

You probably laugh with the small piece of land i own here but for the most people in Belgium it would be a dream to own such a piece of ground.The size of land you have is even for the wealtiest people here to costly.

It is nice having a penfriend on the other side if the world!

Mike

Mike, thanks for writing again. Actually my land is fairly expensive, but not as high as some. Some people here have 20,000 ft2 (1/4 acre) for maybe $100,000 US. But my land in the country, about one hour from Indianapolis, sold for only $3000 per acre for farmland. That is how we can produce so much food here. America is very large, isn't it?

But I bet your place in Belgium is very pretty. Is it in city, town, or countryside?

Michael

We're 11 am here in Indy. Our state just voted to go on Daylight Savings Time (where you set clocks forward in Spring, back in Fall), so next year we'll be on track with the rest of the world. We're a little backward here in the midwest.

If you want culture in America, you pretty much have to go to the coasts. It takes a while for clothing, music, fashion trends to make it's way to the heart of the continent.

Michael

When i was in America most people didn't know Belgium! When i started talking about the rest of the world they were amazed that i knew so much of the rest of the world. They said you're an educated man. but it's because belgium is so small we have more interest in other countries across europe, after all hole europe is smaller then America.

I know a couple of people from Belgium and it has always intrigued me as a vacation destination. Being French speaking actually makes it even easier on me (my second language). It sounds like a great place to live...

Ironically we have even more "un-inhabited" land here (Canada) but near a major city... a 5400ft2 lot will run about 80,000$US (100,000$cnd). In the city core... that will sky-rocket up. It really depends on location, availability and demand.

Concrete / masonry construction has it's benefits and drawbacks... and one can't generalize that one is necessarily better than the other. BUT ... even though the formwork bracing may be unnerving... the final product is very structurally stable. Unfortunately adding inwall speakers, doors and windows placement require more forethought.

Keep us posted on the progress...

Rob

PS: I don't know how popular they are back home but Front242 is playing Montréal this weekend... posted about it in the general forum. Can't wait to see em again... 1.gif