DTS demo disc

Northshore

Over the last few years I have been collecting reference material for my newly completed theater. I discovered the DTS demo dics's that are distributed at the annual CES in Vegas. The picture quality and unbelievable sound really show off the system. I currently have #'s 4,5,6 and 7, there are still #8 and #9 available but I am waiting for a good deal. I also picked up a German version of the THX demo disc floating around and it also allows for DD and DTS formats. Have any of the fellow forum members been into collecting these disc?

I had a bunch of them, but I sold them. I of course made a "back-up" before I sold them. I never had 8 or 9 of the dts demos, or 1-3. I would like to get ahold of #3, just to check out the Titanic demo.

I've got the THX demo on my harddrive. It's too big to go on a single disc without compression. It's pretty cool.

I also make custom demo discs for friends, with custom menus, pictures, and even some "easter eggs." I would like to do more of it, but since it's not completely legal...

----------------

On 5/5/2005 12:38:25 PM m00n wrote:

Can these still be purchased or gotten anywhere?

----------------

A watchful eye and some luck on ebay is unfortunately the only source I know of. The DTS disc are not sold but simply distributed at the CES once a year in January. I would urge you to invest in at least one of these disc to experience the extreme high level of sound and picture.

The discs are/were free. When I worked in electronics sales all I had to do was fax the rep and he'd send me 5 copies. I had at least 2 of each, #4-7, but I sold them all on ebay. They used to fetch big bucks. The last one I sold only brought in $5.00, so I think most people who wanted them already have them.