WOW! Any word on this SuperSub....

dog

----------------

On 5/5/2005 11:12:21 PM dog wrote:

How would this sound matched with my RSW-15

----------------

I'm not sure if Kyle has any available... as Adire has temporarily sold out of Tumult drivers. The new drivers (in several sizes including an 18") are in the works... but no word when they will ship.

A ported Tumult will outperform the RSW15... but I've always thought the 1000W amp was a little on the small side for that enclosure. If you use both subs, you will be forced to turn the DENALI down to match the RSW15... or push the RSW15 hard to keep up with the DENALI.

Acoustic Visions has got a nice preassembled DIY sub in that unit...

Rob

how would a sub like this perform musically vs the RSW-15. Would it provide that thumpy dynamic punch that i am so accoustimed to hearing. Virtually they are the same price...

My brother is working with a company who can be found on the web at www.aespeakers.com

***They custom build similar subs of this type to your spec at a very reasonable cost.

thank you

jon

If I recall correctly, the Denali is tuned lower than the RSW15, so it will sound a little different. This should be a good thing if you'd like to reproduce everything of the audio track... but sometimes it's really a question of preference. Don't get me wrg... these are both quality subwoofers. The Tumult used is recognised for it's very low distortion... and should do quite well on music and HT.

Acoustic Elegance builds some nice drivers and enclosures as well... and John (AE) actually supplied the drivers for my last two subs. I'm not sure which driver your brother would use to build you a sub, as AE has very few drivers currently available... although several models have been announced. I can't really comment on the performance without having an idea of the driver and enclosure it would be used in.

Let us know when you have more info...

Rob

as i remember it loses only to shear output to the svs pb12+ but that is a dual 12 inch system that has three ports while this system is a single 15 with two 18 inch passive radiators. Also the tumult is out of stock until the new ones arrive (waiting for two and pics and specs and sizes) The new tumults are rms 1000 watts while the old ones were heat limited to 1600 watts. Also the partsexpress 1000 watt plate amp as told by adire does not have a sustained 1000 watts rms. But the denali is a good sub but too bad the tumult is out of stock and so are stryker 18 in passive radiators too....

I will be seeing my brother tommorow (saturday) and will have more info. on his soon to be purchase of this impressive sub. I am still looking for another sub that will serve as a good match for my RSW-15... Something that will compliment the musical side of this sub as well as give me the lows that i am missing...

Anything for 1300.00 or less