distortion...2nd set of v2 400

djoops

hi, im new to this game, but i just wnated to knw if anybody out there has had or heard of the same problem......i bought a set of v2 400 last july and by august, they distorted and crackled when the volume was adjusted. Dealer replaced them, but 3 months later, same thing happened to these speakers, but not bad as the first....untill this month....knnw these just suck. I own a set of quintet, and they have been amazing...i dont "pound" these, and i feel like a dork going back to my dealer with the SAME problem again. I bought and installed a SB LIVE wheni bought these last july, ...think its the sound card?..cuz hte dealer said to first try an aersol cna of some sort on the speakers, but i asked him to, and he told me there definetely was a prob with the first set...im wonder why it happened again...they distort when the volume is adjusted, ad ths week the suround level does too...also, BOTH sets have had LOOSE knobs...am i jus picky or does lightning strike twice?......I LOVE Klipsch speakers... all my dj speakers are Klipsch....i also hope te warranty doeesnt run out a week before i contact the dealer.....i lve 2 hours from the dealer. Thats my speech. thanks.

Here is what is wrong. You some how got the defective Pre-Amp. What you can do is send in your old one to Klipsch and they will send you a new one. Or, you can pay Klipsch 50 bucks and get teh new and improved pre-amp called teh CP-1. It is better than the one that you got in that it has an on/of switch and you can hook up a set of head phones right from the control pod AND you can hook a cdplayer directly to it to play into the speakers.

I would get the CP-1 for $50. If you do not want to spend any money, go the free route and get the one without all the cool features for free. That is, if you are still under warranty. If you warranty has gone out then you should with out a doubt get the CP-1 for $50, however, i do not think you are out of the 1 year warrnaty, close but not out yet.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or call Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

I beat DBvader to 700 posts!

I beat DBvader to 800 posts!*

I beat DBvader to 900 posts**

(*does not matter anymore though)

(**ok, this is getting sad now)

if you have the original v2-400 preamp eventually it will almost always crackle/hiss/distort when you change the volume knob. basically you can replace it over and over again, just forget about the problem and live with it (thats what i did), or pay $50 and get the cp-1 (which i believe usually doesnt have the problem). as for loose knobs, thats pretty much standard also :P

thanks to Justin and Foof for the advice....im glad i wasnt imagining things. Now, i think ill definetely go to the cp-1....but one question, ....ive heard the new 4.1 have better midrange thanks to a new crossover,....will the new cp-1 pod help my SPEAKERS in fixing the midrange problem, or does the new midrange spec have nothing to do with the newly designed cp-1 preamp?...should i just return al the speakers if they are under warantya nd pay the difference on the cp-1 system?....is there any point then in going to the 5.1 if im spending the extra cash on the cp-1? and will i DEFINETLY need a new 5.1 sound card? i just bought this sblive whe i bought the Klipsch.

....whos makes the best(value adn feature) 5.1 cards?

the CP-1 has been rumored to improve the sound in the midrange area but not by a huge scale. the crossover is in teh sub i believe. if you can get the 5.1's, then i would get those and get the free new pre amp from klipsch.

for a sound card, get an Accoustic Edge for around 79 bucks. what SB card do you have?

I have heard that there is a night and day difference in sound quality with teh AE and SB Live's, in the AE's favor of course. I would go for the AE.

If you really want a great card, go out and get the SB Audigy... should be great. Also, for extreme sound.. or whatever...LoL! get the Game THeator XP. it has all kinds of cool plugs and has a daughter board... very cool to me.

but if all you want is good 5.1 sound, get the AE for 79 bucks.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or call Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

I beat DBvader to 700 posts!

I beat DBvader to 800 posts!*

I beat DBvader to 900 posts**

(*does not matter anymore though)

(**ok, this is getting sad now)

• 3 weeks later...

Well if the speakers sound distorted when you conect them to another source then the amp could have a problem.

The optional preamp will improve the sound,a bit.The change(crossover)is in each satelite speaker.If you look at www.gamersdepot.com review you will see they took pictures of the sats open,Notice the simple capacitor in the first version.

Now look at the pics in the Klipsch 2.1 review(Klipsch 2.1 and 4.1 sats are identical).Now you see the crossover!Yes there is s coil,not just a capacitor.

I would still go to the dealer and ask for the fix,its your right.belive me I had three sets of ATP5 speakers die on me!Three sets,and they had to refund me in the end.So the store is not doing you any favor,the warranty is not here for nothing.

TheEAR(s) Now theears