best system for dvd's and music

thebull

I was hoping to find out which system would be good for watching dvds, playing music and games. i'm not looking for anything big since it'll just be in my room, but am looking for something with power and clear sound.

----------------

On 5/9/2005 5:35:21 PM thebull wrote:

I was hoping to find out which system would be good for watching dvds, playing music and games. i'm not looking for anything big since it'll just be in my room, but am looking for something with power and clear sound.

----------------

Probally the wrong place to be posting this, but. I would say stay away from satellites they will just keep you wanting more (maybe, maybe not I haven't heard the new reference Klipsch satellites. They could be perfect for you. Especially if you like the style, and size of them). Maybe you could score some Rb-3's ( stand/ bookshelf speakers) in real wood cherry (beautifull). All the way around. Get a rw-10 klipsch sub if it's a smaller bedroom. Worry about the electronics later. You will have a system that will work equally well in a living room also. So down the road you will have a pretty nice setup where ever you put it. Since I assume when you say my room you are meaning your bedroom. If you can't afford the reference bookshelfs/ standmounts speakers look into the synergy line. You are going to get clear and punchy when you choose Klipsch. So clear in fact that they are a bit picky with electronics. So getting something with high current is a plus on your amplification. Not knowing your budget is pretty tough to recomend anything. So I will leave it at that.

Some good advice there! My initial post was void of any. Sorry about that. But we need a budget to go further.

On another forum today, someone started a thread asking what were the 5 best speaker brands one could get. Someone asked regardless of price? He replied as much as $1000 for towers. So someone's pie in the sky is someone else second system.

We need a budget...

2.gif