rs-3 vs rb5 for back channel in 7.1

spiritwolf

I just bought a Denon 3805 7.1 reciever and am trying to decide what speakers to use for back channel.I have a 5.1 system set up in place now,RF3 front rc3 center and rs3 on the side rear and Paradigm 2200 sub.What speakears would work best for back rear channel?I found a real good deal on a pair of rb5 speakers.

I have almost the same set-up with the RB-5's. In my opinion the RB-5's are as good as the RF-3's if not better in the midrange frequencys. If you like to listen to 5 channel stereo especially the RB-5's are the way to go. If you dont jump on the deal give me a holler. I would like to go to 6.1 using all RB-5's. Hope this helps.

Spirit..

I don't mean to be rude by jumping into your thread. I was just wondering how you like the 3805 and what did you upgrade from? I am on the fence about the denon right now. I'm not the richest guy in the world and would really like the denon. It seams to have it all and could last me quite a few years. I'm running an HK 40 with my klf 20's now. Nice sound but I would like to use the 5 channel stereo Denon offers. HK doesn't have it. Anyway, A user of the 3805 could push me over the fence.

Thanks

Bill9.gif

If you've distance from seating position, you might enjoy the directionality of RB series better. If you're very close, use the RS series to spray sound. Same theory holds true for side or rear surrounds. I'd say the break point would be about 5 feet.

Michael

Depending upon how good a deal you are talking about, I wouldn't hesitate to get the RB-5's. They are very versatile speakers, I used mine as mains before I bought a pair of RF3 II's and then moved them to rear surrounds. They are also good as a pair of stand alone stereo speakers.

D