Lighting in theater

Northshore

The newest edition to the theater project are wall sconces. I just finished installing four sconces and I used the Lutron Spacer dimmer which I will program into the Theatermaster remote that I have. It is amazing what a difference lighting makes to this or any room for that matter.

the project continues.......

post-16808-13819264794468_thumb.jpg

Relative to Home Theater, I contend that lighting and lighting control is almost as important as your theater's picture and sound quality! It's all part of "the total experience".

smallhouseweb_50.jpgpixel.gif

post-10177-13819264798592_thumb.jpg

NICE photo Picky! Going fishin' I see! LOL

And you're absolutely right- the ambience in your small home theatre is stunning. It IS part of the experience. General light, task light over the rack, the bar overhead (very artsy), timed dimmer, and safety lights for during the movie. All impecably designed by a very picky fellow indeed! You are the KING! HHUUUHHHH

Michael

Just like the Director on the shoot!

Lights/// Dimmed downed low... Sometimes off as well...(it is a personal choice too..)

Camera/// Your projector or HDTV

Action/// The Movie..

I have a friend that the lights start to dim almost in sequence. Down with the bigining DVD intro stuff... Then almost all off by the time the movie starts... This allows you to "get in the mood" pretty good.

Visit the Lutron site...