klipschorn model a, b, and c differences

navvet

can someone please explain the difference in the cornerhorn models.. I have an opportunity to upgrade to cornerhorns and the seller mentioned that they were model b from 1981. How does this model differ from any others??..Does anyone have pictures of a model b that I can look at?...any help is appreciated in explaining the different models of the Klipsch cornerhorns....

All models of Khorns from that time are identical with regard to the drivers and crossover networks employed and the construction of the bass horn. In other words the differences are purely a matter of appearence,( ie. cosmetics )

The differences as mentioned above are purely cosmetic.

The "B" models have a "riser" inserted between the bass bin and the midrange/tweeter 'TOP HAT' which does look a little nicer than the "C" and Klipch offered a wider range of finishes and veneers for their top end units which makes sense from an aesthetic point of view. A pair of Khorns even when snugged into corners are an imposing sight...tending to draw attention to themslves even at rest.Therefore the nicer they look the better given their size.

B&C have already been discussed above.

I have never seen or heard of a Model A Khorn but have encountered a model "D" which is simply a Khorn without any finish and without side panels for either the bass bin or the "Top Hat"

These were sold primarily as Decorator units in which case the Interior Designer for a home would paint or otherwise finish them to suit the design scheme for the home.

Khorns have often been used as behind the screen ( or if some of the pro's prefer behind the screed ). They were usually Decorator models painted in flat black