Will RS3's work with KLF-20's

mlprice

Help! I'm new to home theater, I am thinking about combining KLF20's with KLFC7 and RS3's as surrounds.

1st: Will those surrounds be compatable?

2nd: Alot of reviews I've read complain the speakers sound bright if your receiver is underpowered, would a Denon 3802 do the job?

3rd: To feel the base will I need a sub, or will biwiring work?

Thanks allcwm20.gif

I think that that set of speakers would be fine.....the main thing is that your front 3 speakers match. You rears are more for ambient sounds so the RS3's will be fine.

If you go with the Denon 3802 you will be fine....that is a great receiver with plenty of power for you.

I would definitely get a sub.....for true 5.1 sound you need to have a sub hooked up to the LFE output on the receiver. The KSW 12 or KSW 15 would do fine....or you could wait for the new RSW line of subs that is coming out in a few weeks.

Good Luck.....

------------------

Klipsch Quartets - fronts

Klipsch Academy - center

Klipsch KG 1.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KG .5's - rear side surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-4800

Denon POA-5200 THX Amp (fronts)

Sony C-67ES CD Player

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

MIT Speaker Cable

RS HT Gold Interconnects

Monster S-Video, Component, and Optical cables

If you are going w/ the ref series then try to get a pair of RS7's. They should do a much better job then the RS3's for those mains.

My wife is convinced that we do not need a sub and she is almost right. The Legends "Hammer" with the Denon in 5 ch stereo but you do need a sub to really experience the 5.1 on movies. It will make movies a real treat!

Denon 3300

KLF 30's mains

Klf 10's A.rears

Klf C7 center

Ksf S5's B.rears (movie surrounds)

Paradigm PW 2200 sub

Yeah, the RS-3's will work fine. The RS-7's will be a step up if you can afford them. I'm not sure if they're going to be worth the extra $250-300 over the RS-3's when you still need to add a sub. Yes, you do need a sub!

Of course, if money isn't a problem then go with the 7's and one of the new Klipsch subs coming out this fall. Another sub alternative that you should seriously consider is SVS at www.svsubwoofers.com Check out all the rave reviews for SVS at www.hometheaterforum.com

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the other question. The 3802 looks like it's going to be a fine receiver and will work well.

------------------

Primary System:

Main KG-4

Center KV-3

Rear RS-3

Yamaha HTR-5250

Sony DVP-S560D

Panasonic PV-9664

Sony DBS system

Studio:

Main KG-3

Sony STR-AV920