WTB / Cornwall screw terminal post

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am in ther process of refinishing a pair of 67 Vertical Cornwalls ,I noticed that one speaker has a cracked /piece missing off the rear terminal post. Now !!! I probably could live with it just the way it is 14.gifbut being a reconditioner and vintage car restorer it`s always going to be in the back of my mind bothering me ,thats the perfectionist side of me .I would like to keep them original without resorting to after market speaker terminal posts , so I plea to any member that has upgraded their speaker posts and is willing to part ways with their old ones to Email me with a price..regards Tony C

Hey Tony, do you need ONE or TWO in mint condition. i have a set off an old heresy that are in one piece but parts of the fins are broke off. i will look on another set of my speakes later today if thats what you need.

I am working on a 20 year old pair of Heresys and need two rear terminal posts for attaching the speaker wire connections to the rear of the speakers. Does anyone have a pair lying around that they might want to part with ?? Failing that can you point me in the right direction to purchase some aftermarket ones ??

thx

Ron 2.gif

I replaced both my heresy's and cornwalls with Cardas CCBP-L Binding posts.

I can now attach any size wire with no problem.

I also attached the binding posts at the bottom of the speaker instead of the top. Just rotated the rear panel. The holes line up.

After you remove the existing binding strip you can use one of the holes as a pilot. All you need is at least a 40W soldering iron to make the connection.

I also rewired them while I had them apart.

http://www.diycable.com/main/product_info.php?cPath=26_44_49&products_id=226

Someone asked about broken terminal strips a year ago and I have sent all my spare ones to them.

Danny

I've got a single terminal from a heresy I just tore apart...let me know if it doesn't work out with Russ...I suppose it's up for grabs to anyone else that might want it too.

For aftermarket stuff, partsexpress sells a few different types.

You can buy as many terminal barrier strips as you want for less than $2 each at your local electric supply store or from Mouser if you prefer to order them. They're clean, new, and make better connections but otherwise indistinguishable from the used ones.