Earthquake Cinenova Grande 5

Buck

Just wondering if anybody has had any success with an Earthquake Cinenova Grande 5 amp. I just got one for $1700 on Agon and plan on matching it with my RF7s,RC7, and RS7s. Always a gamble when you haven't heard something before.

Jeff

Jeff,

Your new amp should make a very significant improvement to the sound of your RF-7s as long as the first watt is clean. The RF-7s have a challenging impedance curve for an amp. The new amp will have the ability to drive the lower impedances, but there is very little information on this forum about the noise it generates with high sensiivity speakers.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey I just thought I would pipe in here I just got my cinenova grand 5 and I can say it sound awesome a lot of clean power I have klf30s 20s & 2c7s

I did not have time to do a detailed test but I listened to Nora Jones and the Eagles DTS sound was very detailed But not that much different in 2 channel than my Rotel 1080 I think the Cinenova was a little more laid back so I was able to play at higher volumes And there was a little more bass The cinenova also has more power 300w a channel vs Rotel 200w

Now in movies it is like night and day (I was just using my receiver before) I put T2 OMG it felt like I was in the movie a lot more depth and detail everything was so much clearer It was like the sound just grabs you and won't let go

I highly recommend this amp to anyone wanting a lot of clean power which is a good match fo Klipsch 1.gif Rich