Two RSW-12 or one RSW-15?

Metal

First, I wish I had said what Rob said, but did not remember the formula, plus where there is anode (bump), there is a null (dip)somewhere. Togther they degrard what is the ideal flat frequency response, but which wont matter much with a 12 sub in a small room. A test CD and a SPL meter will show you that, so will a EQ and a meter.

I second what Terry said, save the money for treatments that will affect the entire frequency response and make your system sound better.

Third, a bump at 47Hz is exactly what you want for rock bass, especially since this is where your mains drop off. You dont need much if anything below 30Hz, although it is nice for movies and classical. Still the acoustic panels would make more a difference to the entire system than a little lower bass.

Two subs can be used as stands for the mains, or hidden below desks.

You have to finish this thread with a report when you get it set-up.

10.gif

----------------

On 5/26/2005 2:53:32 PM Klipsch Fanatic wrote:

borntorocku the rsw may have 2 15' woofers but the one in the back is the radiator its not actually in use the one that makes all the bass is the one in the front

----------------

um......................... the active driver on the rsw series subs is rear-firing. the front "driver" is passive.

----------------

On 5/26/2005 2:53:32 PM Klipsch Fanatic wrote:

borntorocku the rsw may have 2 15' woofers but the one in the back is the radiator its not actually in use the one that makes all the bass is the one in the front

----------------

Klipsch ...fanatic!

BZZZZT wtong,the RSW subwoofers have the woofer mounted in the back,and the PR in front.As you know the woofer is active and a PR passive.

1.gif

I would go with one RSW15,east to place one sub.Unless you want to stack or place dual RSW12's side by side.

Also dual RSW12's will give you a dB or so more output and extend less deep.The dB will not be audible and the slightly deeper sxtension will.Bottom line one RSW15 is a better choice.

And later if you are a bit like me you will add...another or someting else..2.gif