Which Laptop Would You Buy???

iwillwalk

Hi,

I am moving overseas asn i need to get a laptop before leaving the US, right now I have a gateway desktop p4 brand new that I can trade in to gateway on the purchase of a new laptop from them, but I need some opinions on laptop so I do not get stucked with a bad one.

Mainly it will be used for the internet, DVD's and cd burner...

Thanks for your advices

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Look for the highest end Dell laptop. It will be expensive but they are amazing. I know two people that have them. The come with a PIII Tualatin processor which is based on a .13 micon process (130 nm) which means it produces little heat. You can get them with a DVD player, onboard ethernet, geforce 2 go, and the normal stuff like USB. It has two PCMCIA slots. There is also a spot on the front which can be either another battery or a CD-RW. They are removable so you can get both and switch them around. It is nice because it has 2 small fans that only turn on when needed, most laptops have 1 small fan that is loud and is always on. It also has a huge screen. Be careful because they are delicate (also heavy). They are expensive, but probably one of the best laptops around. Oh yeah, buy it with the minimum RAM and then buy some extra from crucial and upgrade it yourself. Dell RAM is expensive.

Andrew