Re-configured HT sounds great!

Cal Blacksmith

While I have been waiting for the Cornwalls from Dzbllvoer, I reconfigured the HT with what I have. I now have one Heresy1 with the updated xover (I rebuilt this speaker from the ported ones I bought about a month ago. I rebuilt the xover and made a new back for the speaker and re-sealed it, it sounds much better!) And my Forte 1s are the front mains. To be installed in the rear surround positions are the Heresy 2s I had as my front channels and the remaining Heresy1 when I get it done will go in the back channel.

I have the speakers set to large and the LFE only going to the sub, which is set at 80hz and below. There seems to be quite a good match between the Heresy 1 and the Forte1 s the soundstage is seamless and I am unable to detect any mismatch between them.

I played the Eagles Hotel California DVDA through the system and all the speakers blend well and work together just great. With the upgraded speakers in the system, I did find out that my source is now lacking for true high-end audio music playback, there seems to be a slight veil on the music. However, this system will not be used for music playback other than on the movies so I am not interested in upgrading the source YET!!

My two-channel system is silent until the Cornwalls get here but the HT system is sounding AWESOME!

Ya gotta love a woman that does not mind 9 large speakers in a room that is 12 x 14!!!

9.gif9.gif