New used forte 2

dtel

• Moderators

Well I picked them up last night, Mike the man I bought them from was very nice and has bought, sold, and owned quite a few different klipsch models and is always looking.

The condition of the fortes were just how he described, one of the corners had a small chip of veneer missing but overall very good shape. All drivers working and no dent's or any other problems, that's the main thing , overall better than expected.

I had never heard the forte 2 so I didn't know what to expect. They sound much bigger than the sb3's , not a surprise there but the big surprise was the mid and high freq.

To try and explain it let's say there is a knob for mid and high freq. With the sb3 it's set on maybe 2 with the forte's it's set on 9.9 but not to high just about right. Also much more bass but I still use a sub. Overall very nice.

They sound better in 2 channel than sb3 front's ss1 rears and sc1 center all together.

To give you a better idea, my wife listened for about 2 min and said < I guess you have to start looking for more for the center and rear > how's that , pretty good if you ask me. So I guess I must listen to her she is the boss!

Thanks for posting them up for sale I would have missed them without reading about it here. 9.gif

• Like 1