Cornwall pair wanted

zaven

----------------

On 6/4/2005 12:52:48 PM zaven wrote:

Thanks Rick. I am going to buy them after we figure out shipping costs for these beasts.

Chuck

----------------

That's great, but a lot of Klipsch stuff gets ruined by Fedex and UPS, so

make sure the seller packs them properly. We just shipped some Fortes through DHL, and they arrived without damage. You might want to give them a try, or better yet, rent a pick-up and go get them yourself. Either way, be sure to let us know what happens.

Take care, Rick.

Zaven:

What part of WIsconsin are you from?

I'm located in NW WI and depending what part of So. Dakota the cornwallss are located, I may be able to pick them up for you. SoDak isn't too far of a drive. Then, we can figure out some logistics in WI to get them to their new home.

Shoot me a PM if you want to disuss it.

Thanks

JJ

Congrats on your Love for Klipsch and welcome to the Forum. I do hope you have arranged for substantially less than $975 if you have to include shipping for your Cornwalls. I highly suggest picking these monsters up yourself if there is any way to arrange it. I think the average Forum cost on Cornwalls in good condition is around $500-$800 per pair. But don't let me burst your bubble if they are in excellent shape and you've been shopping for a year or more. They are excellent speakers and I'm sure you'll be very happy with them.

Michael

I have a pair of 84' Cornwalls thet I would consider selling for $1000. The wood was repaired by me and is now perfect. I then painted them black. I made a new set of grills with a "vintage" look to them. I have a new pair of Klipsch copper logos that I haven't glued on yet. I also have the original grills that are cane-like. One of those grills has some candle wax on it.

Bob Crites updated the networks (mid and tweet caps). He also replaced the diaphragms on the tweets.

I bought these from an Elderly gentleman this past Spring. He was the original owner. He had NEVER opened the backs. He was a retired puzzle maker. He had never abused them. The inside is "mint" looking including perfect condition dampening material. The only reason I bought them was to get a full understanding of the Cabinets and drivers so that I could do another project on my own.

I have about $1100 in them. I have a ton of pictures that show my work on them including the new grills. I hadn't got around to putting them on Ebay. There are threads on this forum showing these as well. If you didn't like Black, you could sand em dowm and veneer if you wanted. There would be no need for wood repair.

However, I live in Georgia...if you were interested in a road trip.

ftp://www.jwcullison.com/Cornwall/

There is some files on there that won't make sense to you. They were part of my documentation to build another speaker.

jc