Well finally got some speakers but...

Brian_J

Got two RF-3s and an RC-3 from ebay for $580. Yeah, yeah no warranty, I know. Make fun of me after you finish reading. Anyway they just arrived and I must say the packing job was excellent(I wish I had had a camera to take pictures of it) and the speakers look to be in perfect condition except for two things. The tweeter on one RF snapped completely off the rear of its horn during shipment. The tweeter on the other RF is smashed in. I figure that was done before shipping. Now I paid to have them insured but I dunno if the guy remembered. I just sent him an e-mail so I should hear back from him later today. Worst case scenario how much $$$ am I looking at to replace both tweeter/horn assemblies?

Call 1-800-Klipsch for parts costs. If the seller does not promptly agree to pay for the repairs and refund the money, get a complaint in to eBay. Your time is VERY limited to resolve the problem with help from eBay.

It sounds like there were problems before the packages were shipped. Be sure to take pictures of the packaging and the damage.

Bill

I talked with the seller and he said they were insured and also that it was UPS that did the packing. He said they were perfect when he dropped them off to be wrapped and shipped and from the pictures of them I've seen I'd have to agree. He's going by the UPS place tomorrow to see what we need to do.

I fired off an e-mail to parts@klipsch.com around 2:30pm EST but I've yet to hear back from them. I'll give'm a ring tomorrow.

Well just wanted to post an update. Had a talk with the guy I bought them from and he was very sorry. He went by the UPS Store where he had shipped them from and worked on getting everything straightened out. He told me UPS was gonna come by tomorrow pick up the speakers to inspect them and if deemed necessary, issue the refund. He even called me to make sure I understood everything that was going on and to see if there was anything else he could do. Very nice guy, didn't sound a day older than me and I'm 21. And I digress. In the mean time I had managed to salvage one of the speakers. Basically I took the good tweeter from the broken horn and used it to replace the broken tweeter on the good horn. POW! Good as new and I must say it sounds amazing. Anyway, I told him I was just gonna bite the bullet: keep the speakers and just buy a new tweeter out of pocket. He then gave me the phone # to the UPS store so I could see if I could at least get the money to cover the tweeter. Called the store and the manager was very apologetic. He issued the refund immediately. So now everything is worked out. All I have to do is wait for the new tweeter assembly to come in. :D

Long story short:

Seller is a nice guy.

Everything is worked out.

Love the 1 RF, can't wait till I have two. :D

Edit: Pictures

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/SithSolo1/DSCF0423Large.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/SithSolo1/DSCF0424Large.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/SithSolo1/DSCF0425Large.jpg