riser dimensions for heresy2's anyone please

Here's a few posts:

Ironwoods posted these original dimensions for the Heresy II slanted riser base:

I used 3/4" stock.

Front height- 2, 5/16" X 14" wide.

Rear height- 5/8" X 14" wide.

Depth- 12, 3/16".

I also added spikes, with 2 at the front corners, and 1 centered in the rear.

Andy HDBRbuilder posted this factoid and construction tip:

For most of the life of the Heresy speaker models, when risers were FINALLY offered as an OPTION, they were NOT the slanted ones...then the slanted ones came along, STILL as an option along with the previous non-slanted risers. NOW, it seems, the slant risers are included with every Heresy II purchase unless otherwise ordered.

The intent of the Heresy design is to sit on the floor WITHOUT risers...so as to best get the most out of its bass bottom-end performance through "direct-coupling" with the floor. THe use of risers negates this best bottom-end performance somewhat, BUT gets the speakers' tweeter and mid-horns "aiming" closer to ear level...it is a trade-off for what folks call their "sweet spot" position for the speakers.

My personal opinion is that to get the best of both worlds, seal the riser completely and completely fill it with sand...ensuring it is GLUED and securely fixed to the cabinet bottom in order to get the horns aimed at your ears AND to provide a better couplng of the speaker to the floor...You will still lose a bit of bass bottom-end, but not as much...doing things this way.

And Kevmosmith adds this tip (this is the way supercabinetmaker Greg928s built Garymd's zebrawood risers)

Greg,

If you still need it they are 14" wide, 12" deep, 2 3/8" tall in the front and 5/8" in the back. If I were buiding a pair, I would keep the angle, but add 3/8" to the back and front. The 5/8" in the back is not real stout.

Good luck and hope the response is still timely.

Kevin

It all sounds good, think I'll whip up a pair for my Heresies when I reveneer them. Type in RISERS in SEARCH and there's all kinds of threads here.

Michael