How is tweeter connected to horn (RC-3)?

I recently bought a RC-3 center from someone in the forums. During shipping, the tweeter detached from the horn. The wiring is still connected though.

I will be getting the correct Torx screwdriver later (if anyone can tell me the right size, that would be great!) Before then, I'd like to know how the tweeter is connected. Is it adhesive?

If it is held by screws, I wouldn't imagine the tweeter could detach like that.

I'm hoping after the repair the unit will be as good as new (or at least as good as it was before the tweeter got detached.)

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Steve

Usually they're either screw on or bolt on. With screw on you have to twist the driver onto the horn (kinda like a big bolt). Bolt on drivers usually have a mounting flange on both the horn and the driver, which is then connected usually by 4 bolts. Either way, if it ripped off during shipping then you're probably going to need to replace the horn.

Thanks for the info. I haven't opened it up yet, but can feel where the 4 bolts probably are. The edge of the horn also feels very rough, that's probably where it snapped off. Crap, what a pain.

Do you know about how much a new horn would run? I guess I can just call Klipsch customer service to find out...

I had the same thing happen to me when I had my RC-3 shipped. the horn is attached to the tweeter driver by 3-4 small srews and nut assembly. The screws are what snapped in half so part of the screw was still in the horn and no way to get it out. Have to replace the whole assembly which Klipsch charged me $48.00 shipped.

By the way using electrical tape around the site where it snapped off worked well for me until my assembly arrived. Just keep wrapping tape around the site until unit is held together firmly .