State Street Blues Stroll

My wife, a few friends and I went to the Blues Festival in Media PA this past weekend. They lined up 13 venues, which consisted of small bars and restaurants on State Street, which is the main street in Media PA. Each hosted groups at different times during the night. The venues primarily consisted of small bars and restaurants. Tickets were $15.00; otherwise you paid a cover for each place. We went down for an early dinner and then just proceeded to go bar hopping and listen to the various artists. Be honest I did not know any of them before but was a lot of fun. After they performed they would go and have a drink and talk with people in the audience. In fact many in the audience were fellow blues musicians who were listening to others between sessions. We saw Leroy Hawkes, Leroy Foster, Lonnie Shields, Mojo Stu and many others. We had a blast, including my wife who was the DD and we got home around 2am, would highly recommend it. The web site is http://www.statestreetblues.com/ if your interested.

As a side note on the way down I made my wife stop at CVS to pick up some earplugs. Not one person who I was out with wanted to wear them. Two of the venues I wore then because we were up front and it was very loud. At both locations that I wore them, it was other musicians who I had seen approached me to ask if they could have some, which I more than happily handed over. The next morning was a little rough, but there was not ringing in my ears.

i love live music, too bad it usually so loud that it is painfull. our local pub has live music every sat night, and open mic every sun night. very nice indeed except they use those darn klipsch speakers and it makes my ears ring after 6 hrs. hmmm i'm pretty sure it isn't the beer. naww it has to be the volume. couldn't be the beer could it? didn't think so! gotta love home made music it is still the best. nice typing huh?