Stands for THX Ultra @

lieuwilla

I have been upgrading to the THX Ultra @ system. Currently have the subs with amp and three (L/C/R) KL 650. Question is, what stands would work for the L/R? The ones in shown by Klipsch are from Sanus. I am concerned about the upper plate. Not very big for the dimensions of the speakers.

This is a great?

Really though.....

One that supports them true. But also if you do not see little kids tipping or crazy parties where they might get bumped I would not sweat it too much.

Use your head, on what looks secure... I am sure someone will chime in too.

Take a look at Sound Anchor stands. I would think either the three post or four post would do the trick. You can have them custom made to your specs - including the top plate. A little pricey, but don't those speakers deserve them!?! Just type in "Sound Anchor" in Google, and it should be the first link.

Also, how do you like the THX Ultra L/C/R's? I have the THX Ultra subs - and love them - and am thinking of going the whole THX Ultra 2 route.

Any comments on their performance would be great.

----------------

On 6/14/2005 6:57:21 AM lieuwilla wrote:

I am concerned about the upper plate. Not very big for the dimensions of the speakers.

----------------

A lot of stands allow for screwing through the top plate. I realise you may not want to screw your speakers to the stands, but you may consider enlarging the top plate by purchasing a piece of appropriately sized black melamine (edged) and screwing it to the stand.

It'll act as the new top plate and reduce the risk of toppling the enclosures...

Rob