VOT boxes

I have always taken the approach that a mid-horn in a vent/port is subject to excessive vibration due to low frequencies actually hitting it and reflecting and refracting off of it, which HAS to alter the output.

One also has to consider what the effect on the dispersion characteristics of the higher frequencies are when source in the middle of a already flowing "river" of low frequency sound.

So I always go with the mount that is best suited to avoid excessive vibration and obstructions to waveform flow (even for low frequencies waveforms which are larger than the obstruction and can "handle" it better than shorter ones).

Why obstruct at all, if it can be avoided?

DM2.gif

----------------

On 6/15/2005 2:49:50 PM D-MAN wrote:

I have always taken the approach that a mid-horn in a vent/port is subject to excessive vibration due to low frequencies actually hitting it and reflecting and refracting off of it, which HAS to alter the output.

One also has to consider what the effect on the dispersion characteristics of the higher frequencies are when source in the middle of a already flowing "river" of low frequency sound.

So I always go with the mount that is best suited to avoid excessive vibration and obstructions to waveform flow (even for low frequencies waveforms which are larger than the obstruction and can "handle" it better than shorter ones).

Why obstruct at all, if it can be avoided?

DM
2.gif

----------------

Put the 511b on top. If needed, elevate the driver so that the lens is "on line" to the sweet spot. Works for me.

1.gif

Terry