setting up speakers

turtleslave

I tried calling your support number but it will be Monday before some one returns my call. So much for Customer service. I prefer to do this by phone as I have only one line and don't want to keep the line busy waiting for answers. I am going to give this a shot, but if It takes hours to do this I'm going to return them for a product that has a phone tech support.

I just purchased the pro media 4.1 and am having trouble setting them up. I have a Dell Dimension 4100. Sound Blaster live sound card.

My questions are simple:

Is this a 4 or 2 channel card?

I have plugged the cables into the green hole and black hole on the tower that have the speaker symbol.Is this correct?

When I put the software on surround sound I get only 2 speakers but when I highlight 4 speakers I get sound out of them all. What gives are these speakers considered surround sound or what?

I get no sound when I highlight digital. The guy at Best Buy said I might need a digital cable. Do I?

Do I need a Y adapter?

Is there a phone number where I can get help with out waiting for a call back on Monday?

Thank you for your fast response,

Alice

Alice - Be sure to also post your questions in the ProMedia section a bit further down the list of forums. This is the Home Audio section, and I don't know how quick anyone with ProMedia knowledge will see this. I know the PM section is very active, and it is likely that another user will be able to answer your questions. Patience will reward you with the quality of the sound Smile.gif

DD2

All SB Live! cards are 4 channel cards. The way you have them setup is correct. You do not need a y-adapter. And you do not need a digital cable either because the PM's are analog speakers, they don't have a digital decoder. And don't select digital out unless you are using digital speakers, or are using a digital decoder. I'm not too sure about this, but I think the Live!Surround setting only works with the Cambridge Soundworks speakers.

Hope this helps.

------------------

-Paul

AMD T-Bird 900

Asus A7V

Micron 256 MB PC-133

IBM 30 GB 7200 rpm ATA 100

Pioneer DVD-105 Slot-Load (16X/40X)

3Dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo II

NEC MultiSync M700 17" (soon to be Sony G400 19")

Razor Boomslang 2000 w/Everglide Giganta

These speakers are for my computer, not a HT

Receiver: Kenwood VR-409 (soon to be Denon AVR-2802)

Speakers: Klipsch Quintets (5 sats. + center)

Sub: Sony SA-W305 mini-sub (soon to be HSU Research VTF-2 or Paradigm PW-2200)

This message has been edited by oogins on 09-08-2001 at 01:11 PM