Klipsch Rf-7 pair for sale in Eugene, OR

timbley

Maple finish, excellent condition. The grills are perfect, drivers are perfect. The finish is near perfect. I found one minor scratch on top of one speaker. You really have to be looking for it to see it.

These are great speakers, but I want to get something smaller for my little condo. I'm in a downscaling mode.

$1200.00. Local pickup, unless you want to arrange some kind of shipping. I don't have the boxes

----------------

On 6/18/2005 1:50:02 PM timbley wrote:

... I want to get something smaller for my little condo. I'm in a downscaling mode...

----------------

That's not exactly true now that I think about it. I'm actually going to try to make my own speakers, not get smaller ones. They will be smaller, but there may end up being a huge subwoofer with two 15" drivers in the corner of my room. Or maybe not. I'm going to try making a 4 or 5 way (if subwoofer is added) active system. Why? Well, I think direct radiators do extremely well when they're asked to cover a narrow frequency range, and they are of appropriate size for the frequencies they are covering. I heard a 6 way speaker design last month, and old kit of some kind from the 70's that the local second hand stereo store had on consignment. The speaker was weak in the bass and needed some EQ, but there was definitely a magic to it's sound in the midrange.

Other direct radiator experiences, and a re-listening to the Klipschorns, is making me realize that in my small condo I can't take advantage of the concert level decibles that horns have to offer, and that direct radiators can be incredibley lush, detailed and spacious sounding in smaller rooms at lower volumes.

So I'm going to leave Klipsch, and horn speakers at least for the time being, and see what I can come up with now that these new fangled digital crossovers make the whole thing a lot easier.

While I think local pickup is by far the best idea, I'm willing to find/make suitable boxes and get these RF-7s packaged up if somebody would like them shipped somewhere. I may even be able to purchase the orignal boxes from somebody local, but I'll have to ask about that.

----------------

On 6/24/2005 8:33:43 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

I'd buy them myself if they were closer.

Michael

----------------

I just made an offer on Audiogon to sell these speakers for $1000.00 if the buyer will cover shipping. I'm offering you all the same deal. If you want to pick them up yourself, the same $1000.00 will still get you these beautiful Maple RF-7s. You can pay yourself for the shipping!

• 2 weeks later...

One last chance for anybody within driving range of Eugene Oregon to come pick up a beautiful pair of RF-7s in near perfect condition, maple finish.

I've got a spare room here and can provide free accomodation if you need to spend the night.

Asking $1000.00.

I'm getting ready to ship these wonderful speakers off to a buyer in Florida if I get no local takers.