VINTAGE K-horns for Sale !!

Chris Robinson

This is VERY interesting ... What do you guys make of this???? They look beautiful and stunning.

Please, any well-informed K-Horn afficionados ... offer commentary!

Thanks, Chrishttp://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1273427619&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1000600841&indexURL=0&rd=1

------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

McIntosh MC-30 (driving Belle)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

I talked to the seller on the phone; seemed like a straight up kind of guy. The thing that I found interesting is that the tweeter is positioned INSIDE of the squawker and that the squawker is partially wood (unless I reading this wrong, which is entirely possible). Has anybody heard of that arrangement?

Maybe I'll give Trey a jingle ...

Ray G, I figured you might bite on these since they're in your backyard. They look old and very collectible. If they sound half as good as my 60's vintage Cornwall II's, I might chase them even though I have no where to put them right now (next house?).

------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

McIntosh MC-30 (driving Belle)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Well, I'd love to... I think, at $2,000, they may be a bit UNDERvalued...

Chris - I'll leave it to others here who are more knowledgable on the history, but yes, the early KHorns had the tweeter mounted inside the squawker mouth. Seems to make sense in that both horns now share the same major axis, which sounds like it ought to, uh, actually, I don't know what it would do, but it seems intuitively like a good thing...

However, Ray is the CTO of an Internet B2B exchange, into which all of his assets are now bound, and in case you hadn't noticed the NASDAQ is now in sub 1700 territory and there simply ain't no mo money out there for cash starved Internet startups, no matter how well they're doing at hitting revenue targets and following the plan...

all of which means Ray would have a hard time paying for a bottle of lemon oil with which to polish those KHorns...

life goes on...

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering