Heresy II angle

Finally, I got those Heresy II for 320$ and they sound wonderful. They are not even in corners and when I pump some juice in them, they SLAM! I've never heard such a tight bass before. Now, I can't love my RF-3, I like the heritage sound better for acoustic music! The soundstage is way better. But for metal and hard rock, the RF-3 still have a place for now, until I get Klipschorns.

So my questions are:

1) Considering that my Heresy II do not have the foot that give them an angle, should I build myself some to get the sound on the horns more straight in my face?

2) What is the angle of the foot made for the more recent Heresy II?

What finish are yours? I have two pair of WO Heresies pulling surround duty mounted on my walls. Both came with risers and are not needed. I have toyed with the idea of ebay or keeping them incase they ever move to a place that needs them. However I am in a get-rid-of-junk-taking-up-space-mood. I might be able to be talked in to giving them away if you talk to me real nice or at the very least selling them cheap.

You would have to prove yourself a worthy forum member by promising to return a favor to a fellow forum member some day or at the very least not take them from me for free and turn around and sell them on ebay.

BTW mine are from original heresiescan anyone confirm that they are the same or different for HII?

You interested, martindemon?

Thank you very much for the offer but I'm from Quebec and I think it would be expensive to ship. Well, perhaps USPS could make a "normal" price but I know UPS and FedEx usually charge a fortune to cross the border... Can you estimate the weight of a pair of risers and check the cost of shipping to postal code G8T5P7 in Canada by USPS by airmail? Or you could post your postal code and weight of risers and I could check myself. If it's too complicated, I could just buy a plank and do my own risers. Perhaps I could make them so that the axis of the horns point straight to my face...

You might be right about the shipping. My zip is 21154 and I would estimate them to weigh about 8-10 pounds. Too bad you don't live in Toronto I have a friend there that comes down from time to time. He could have brought them back for you and you could pick them up in person. Probably not that difficult to make, matching veneer and finishing might be the toughest. If yours are black then it should be pretty simple..

I found some risers for sale on e-bay which give this description of them. It doesn't tell the angle but it does give the dementions.

They are designed to match the Heresy cabinets exactly. They measure 12" deep, 14" wide, rear height 5/8" front rise pitch 2 3/8". They have floor glides in each corner. They are recommended to optimize the incredible sound delivered by Heresy speakers.

----------------

On 7/6/2005 11:44:17 AM Lenardie wrote:

It doesn't tell the angle...

----------------

To the rescue for the math challenged...

Clearly the front is 2 and 3/8 inch high and the back is 5/8 inch high.

With the base in nornal position, let the top of the back define the elevation of a right triangle with the front face and the hypotenuse from the top of the back to the top of the front.

The base of this triangle is 12 inches (given) and the side (front) is 2 and 3/8 minus the hieght of the back 5/8 so the side (front) of this triangle is 1 and 6/8 inches.

The rise over run is 1 and 6/8 divided by 12, which is about 0.1458.

At an angle of 8.5 degrees the sine would be 0.1478 which is only in error within 2 thousandths (0.2%).

Glad to be of service,

Paul