Calling all RF-10 Home Theater System owners

Kris B Krunch

I'm considering buying this system because I found a realy good deal on this package. I'm just wondering what others think of it and how it performs in moderate sized rooms. It will be in a rather small room for now, but I know I'll most likely be moving to a differnt place in the next year or two, and I'm not sure if my home theatre area will be the same size or bigger.

I was and I guess still sort of considering getting two RF 15's for now and then add to my system later. But even if I were to go that route and buy a RC 15 and use my klipsch promedia's for surround and hang onto my somewhat ok infinity 8" sub the cost for the RF 15's and RC15's total cost is almost the same as getting an entire RF 10 system. So basicaly, I need some advice what to do.

Would it be a good idea to see if I can get the package and upgrade to RF 15's? The only reason is that I'm thinking the RF 15's would be a bit better for when cranking the tunes in 2 channel mode for parties and such.

Thanks in advance.

Kris,

Welcome to the madness!......I am happy to see your purchasing Klipsch-which is all good! However, I might suggest that you save up and just purchase some RF 35's and then the other pieces to complete your set! This way you get maximum bang for your buck, and you don't have to worry about "upgrade ites"....later on down the line.

Basically, buy the best you can afford. The RF 15 is a great speaker in its own right, but soon you will be wanting to upgrade!.........trust me on this!

Thanks, RF 35's would be awsome, but that would completly blow my budget out of the water. And I was originaly just going to get some bookshelf speakers, until the sales man switched on the set of RF 10's. I havn't even heard the RF 15's yet. But basicaly this store has 2 major sales going on now for the reference series. One is for the RF 10 system wich basicaly if I were to buy every piece seperatly, I'd be getting the surrounds and most of the cost for the center for free. And the other sale they have on, is the RF 15's are for the same price right now as the RF 10s are right now.

So I think I might just have to flip a coin on this, lol. I'm going back today and I'm going to bring in a few cd's and maybe a dvd or two give them both a good test and then decide.

And I think that I'm not going to worry so much if I ever upgrade down the road. I'm sure I probably will one day.

Ok, I stopped in again today and listened to the RF 10's and RF 15's side by side, and I do like the 15's better. And the guy told me that the package deal they have for the RF 10, RC 10, RS10's And RW 8 that they can let me upgrade just the towers to RF 15's for $100(Canadian) more. To me this seems like a good deal. This is streching my budget to the maximum though, still havn't decided if I should go all out and buy this now.

But if I do, am I going the right route? Like will the RC 10, RS 10's be a good match for movie watching? Thanks in advance.

Kris

Because the total cost would be more than the entire system I'm thinking of getting. And doing a direct comparison between the RB 25's and the RF 10's both running with RW8 I thought the RF 10's sounded much better. I'm just considering the RF 15's because the cost to upgrade the package to them is not all that much.

So, anyone think mixing the RF 15's in place of the RF 10s with the rest of the RF 10 system is a good idea? Or are the RF 10's best suited for the rest of the system?