Speaker Advice

Steuzy

I'm building an "apartment HT" setup based on the RB-35 speakers, with an RC-35 center. Would it be better to buy the RS-35s or RSX-5s for my two suround speakers? I was thinking that given the space (16x18) I would do better with the RSX-5 surrounds, and they might also be a bit more aesthetically pleasing. What is the general consensus on this?

Thanks,

Steuart

Steuzy,

What I have read so far, the feelings are to make sure you Center speaker is a match with your Fronts. Enjoy, and post pics when you get your system set up!

*****Roger, Ouch! that hurt!........I resinded my eariler Comments.... (See Indy's Post Below..........

Do you plan on using your setup for multi-channel music? If so you might want to consider using 5 RB-35's. In my original setup I used three RB-35's across the front and two RS-3II's for surrounds. It was fine for watching movies but when I played any music the surround speakers were less than ideal. Surround speakers tend to smear the sound which is fine for movies but can be annoying to some people for music. I have since upgraded my mains and moved the RB-35's to the rear where I am much more pleased with the sound.

astehtics should be eliminated from the audio dictionary, sound propagates from larger enclosures for example, bose ha ha ha. the bigger the better, your room can accomodate large speakers, much larger than what you speak of, and you will find that even at low volumes they will sound many times better than your suggested setup, hell, my klipshorns even at 40 db sound so sweet, as did my cornwalls or even my heresies, but when i owned rc 3's i had to give them higher spl's to make them even sound decent, astetics? whats that