Harmon Kardon

Gregorius

I have a HK AVR 510 powering my Cornwalls, RC3, and RS3's and I am totally happy with the unit. The remote is not the greatest but the sonic quality and power are top notch. If you have any specfic questions let me know.

Laters,

------------------

FOR SALE OR TRADE COMPLETE R*3 SYSTEM FOR 3 HERESY'S

Main System -

Cornwalls (L/R main)

RC-3

RS-3's (white)

SVS 20-39CS

Harman Kardon AVR 510

Hafler P505 (running sub)

ProMedia 4.2 v400 for PC

I have a AVR7000 in my main room that is 18 months old and doing fine. HK offers some nice features and excellant high current power. I also have a 13 to 15 year old HK550i stereo receiver in my work shop that has taken some major abuse through the years. I also have a Denon upstairs that is a nice piece. There was a period in the mid to late 90's when quality at HK was at best suspect, but the current models are pretty damn solid. The biggest drawback about my 7000 is that it is a mammoth hunk of component, it is deeeeep, wide and heavy. I would have to say that HK, Denon and Marrantz are my favorite receivers for the price. I have heard good things about Integra and Outlaw, but have had no experience with them yet. Outlaw seems to be the best bang for the buck on the market. Keep us informed on your findings. It is always good to get as much information as possible and try to listen to as many as possible. Outlaw offers a 30 day guarantee because they do not have a showroom. The HK8000 is coming out soon, so that means a 7000 will be had for $800 or less eventually. If you don't need EX or ES than the 7000 could be a perfect fit. You may be able to get a Denon 4800 for $1500 if you hunt around. Remember electronics come and go, but Klipsch is forever!

Good luck and enjoy!

JT

This message has been edited by decibel man on 09-12-2001 at 11:03 AM

Thanks Guys,

I am trying to upgrade my Home Theater a little at a time. I have the folowing setup now that I have bought, mostly used:

HK AVR 20 II

1976 La Scala's Black (L&R)

KV-1 (Center)

KSW-12 (Sub)

KG-1.5 (L&R Rears)

32" Toshiba TV

Toshiba SD1600 DVD

2 Hitachi HiFi 4head VCR's(For Copying)

I was just looking for options for upgrading my Receiver or possibly going with a separate Amp.