Beatles Sgt. Pepper's LHCB LP anybody want to sell one?

robster

Hiya,anybody want to sell me a copy of Beatles Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band LP? Mofi maybe or Japanese pressing. Looking for one in audiophile sound quality. But not a expensive collector's LP,can't spend more than $100 bones. Where should I look,EBAY?

Cheers,

Robert

Here is a source that you can search for records worldwide.

http://www.gemm.com/

If I were you I would go for the Parlophone re-issues done in the 70's made in the UK. The sound quality of these are equal to that of the original Parlophones, except the pre Sgt. Pepper monos, and better than anything else. The chances of you finding one in good shape are also much better. The English are hard on their records. On the average they play them much more than Americans.

I haven't checked the prices out recently. If you see a purple label Capitol in mint shape for a reasonable sum I would go for that. While many of the Capitols were pretty bad in the 60's compared to the Parlophones by the time they were making purple labels, something like '75 to early 80's, they were making good Beatles records. I have 3 purple labels that are very hard to tell for my Parlophones.

Hi Gary,forum has been acting hinky,can't send PM's. I found a mint MOFI Sgt. Pepper,so I can't get the Parlophone. Please forgive me. Wish I could afford both. I had to choose between the two. Sorry for the inconvience.

Sincerely,

Robert

No problem. You'll love it.

Can't understand how I ended up with 4 copies of the LP but I have the MOFI, a Parlophone, a purple label Capitol and a black label Capitol, all NM or NM+.

More LPs to sell on ebay when I retire.1.gif

----------------

On 7/8/2005 11:10:50 AM garymd wrote:

No problem. You'll love it.

Can't understand how I ended up with 4 copies of the LP but I have the MOFI, a Parlophone, a purple label Capitol and a black label Capitol, all NM or NM+.

More LPs to sell on ebay when I retire.
1.gif

----------------

PM me on the Parlophone copy. My black-label Capitol has just about had it...