adding sub to 5.1

Swansie

I would like to add an additional sub to my 5.1 system to really make it thump. However, i dont want to overpower the existing sub or the satellites. Any suggestions id prefer a klipsch sub but that is not very important. Looking to spend around $200 and would like a sub that will connect to the existing one easily. Thanks

----------------

On 7/8/2005 12:26:18 PM Swansie wrote:

I would like to add an additional sub to my 5.1 system to really make it thump. However, i dont want to overpower the existing sub or the satellites. Any suggestions id prefer a klipsch sub but that is not very important. Looking to spend around $200 and would like a sub that will connect to the existing one easily. Thanks

----------------

What is your existing sub? Klipsch doesn't make a sub for that price. I'm not really sure if anyone does. Did you mean $2000?

Go on ebay and buy either a good ULTRA 5.1 subwoofer in a defective set for $125 or less, or a defective subwoofer for $60 or less in a defective set and have Klipsch repair it for $60 exchange. You can't beat the performance increase for the price, AND you've given a good Klipsch speaker a good home and new life.

Click on the 'Search' link on the tool bar above and select either the ProMedia 5.1 forum, date of 5/1/2005 and my post titled {2 "Stacked Closely Coupled" ULTRA 5.1 Subs. WOW"} explaining the setup and results, or no title with ProMedia 5.1 forum, date of 5/1/2005 and author Donald1800 and select this title. I recommend this upgrade without reservation.

Don

----------------

On 7/8/2005 12:47:56 PM Swansie wrote:

opps i wasnt very clear i have the promedia 5.1 system....so whatever sub comes with that is what i have..

----------------

You'd probably get more informed results in the promedia 5.1 forum.

Costco has a cheap KSW-10 subwoofer for only 209.99 I think. I don't know if thats only in Hawaii that Costco carries a Klipsch subwoofer, but if you do get any Home Audio subwoofers I hope you know how to hook it up to a computer speaker system. I think that you should just repair the subwoofer instead.