Comparison

Hustler

Hey Guys,

A friend of mine has some Infinity speakers with subwoofers built in on the sides of both front floor-standers. They do sound nice as well. I am really curious as to which design/approach is better as far as fronts go. The one I just mentioned or a seperate sub/subs. I cannot really come to a conclusion technicaly so here I am.

Also what do you think of Infinity speakers (similar model) as compare to the Ref-5 series. What differences have you guys felt when listening to both as I am sure most of you must have auditioned them before deciding about Klipsch.

Thanx for the input.2.gif

i know the speaks you speak of, but lets face it, anything infinity does not come close to klipsch, unless we are comparing the synergy line, havent seen or heard them in a while, they used to sell them at sound track, and the "sub wooffers were not really subs woofers, just bass speaks, but they promoted tem as built in subs, even my sons ksw 12 hit deeper and cleaner than the "sub's" on those infinities, to me they are a waste of money, but they look cool

Hustler,

It is very rare that the best place for a subwoofer is also the best place for full range speakers. IMO it is better to separate your sub from your full range speakers.

Infinity has a different sound than Klipsch. Choose the sound that you like. Don't let anyone tell you what to like or dislike.

Bill

I think the speakers you are talking about are the Preludes, which I believe are their best speaker right now. They have been very favorably reviewed. Personally, I find them very peculiar looking, kind of reminding me of a lama, but that's just me.

Actually, if I remember right, the Prelude subs can be separated from the sats if you want, which gives you a lot of options, set-up wise. That said, I agree that the best location for the main L&R speakers will very rarely be the best location for deep bass.

As for Infinity's comparable to RF-5's, I'm not sure which model that would be. Probably the top model in the Beta series. I can't say which would be best, but I can pretty much assure you the klipsch will be punchier and more up-front, while the Infinity will produce a wider, deeper soundstage and be smoother. A matter of preference, of course.