Comparing: JBL 2404H and Klipsch K77M tweeters

Shawn,

I agree 100%! One of the problems with speakers like the Cornwall is the marage of a direct radiator to a horn top end. I think this is why the all-horn system has a major edge. The dispersion patters will be the same all over the speakers frequency range. That is, the direct to reflected sound ratios will be uniform. A direct radiator woofer goes from wide dispersion at low frequency to a beam as you go up. It's hard to make the dispersion patterns match.

I think the simpelest explanation is that wide dispersion puts the performance into your room rather than trying to avoid your room. I think a narrow dispersion would be like sticking you head in the speaker!

I don't like "bullet" tweeters becasue they are intended to throw the highs to a specific spot ranter than dispers it. That's the kind of thing you want to do in an auditorium, not in your living room! But I am NOT a horn expert, I'm a filter guy!

Al K.

Dean ....Dispersion be damn...The 2404 has a smoother & extended top end extending to 20k. You dont have to lock your head in a vice. Besides the K400/401 & K77 do have a wider dispersion than 90 degrees anyway. The 2404 will give you more sparkle on your sparkle. (the Bema too)